When we were installing RAC on vmware, This error occured while adding already created hard disk with reuse option in vmware.
This happend because we created snapshot.
Solution is remove snapshot, add disk and after that if you want to have a snapshot take new one.
First of all our vmware guest operating system must be in shutdown mode.
we need to add hard disk to our box.
go to settings—>
click add, then choose hard disk.
check option use an existing virtual disk
then choose file which will expand.
add a new hard disk, go to settings and choose our disk, click utilities–expand and write new size.
power on virtual machine.
[root@oel6 ~]# pvcreate /dev/sda3 Writing physical volume data to disk "/dev/sda3" Physical volume "/dev/sda3" successfully created [root@oel6 ~]# vgextend vg_oel6 /dev/sda3 Volume group "vg_oel6" successfully extended [root@oel6 ~]# lvextend -L +18G /dev/vg_oel6/lv_root /dev/sda3 Extending logical volume lv_root to 43.60 GiB Logical volume lv_root successfully resized [root@oel6 ~]# resize2fs /dev/mapper/vg_oel6-lv_root 43G resize2fs 1.41.12 (17-May-2010) Filesystem at /dev/mapper/vg_oel6-lv_root is mounted on /; on-line resizing required old desc_blocks = 2, new_desc_blocks = 3 Performing an on-line resize of /dev/mapper/vg_oel6-lv_root to 11272192 (4k) blocks. The filesystem on /dev/mapper/vg_oel6-lv_root is now 11272192 blocks long.
it’s all, enjoy with new size 🙂
I have windows 7 operating system and i have virtual machine vmware 6 and there is oracle enterprise linux 5.5 64 bit, i share folder for virtual machine but in linux i don’t see that shared folder.
SOLUTION : click VM–> install VMware Tools :
copy this two file to desktop :
then extract second file and run vmware-install.pl file in terminal with its default settings
after that, you can share folder and see it in directory: /mnt/hgfs/
that’s all. Good luck. 🙂
to download oracle enterprise linux 5.5 click link :
for downloading this you must have oracle account, it’s standard registration form.
now we have OS (operating system) file let start:
- run vmware, file->new->virtual machine
- click next
- browse OS .iso file and click next
- choose corresponding options and click next:
- choose virtual machine name and location for virtual machine files :
- specify disk capacity :
- click next and finish. now we have virtual machine for oracle linux and now install OS
- press enter :
- then choose skip and enter
- click next, choose language choose, choose keyboard and click YES;
- then click next YES;
- set hostname and click edit, set ip address and netmask :
- choose region and click next
- enter password for root
- select customize now and click next
- choose this packages: Desktop Environments GNOME Desktop Environment Applications Graphical InternetDevelopment
GNOME Software Development
Legacy Software Development
X Software Development (Select libxpdevel and openmotif)
Server Configuration Tools
Windows File Server
Legacy Software Support (select compat-db)
System Tools (select sysstat , oracleasm-2.6.18-194.el5-2.0.5-1.el5.x86_64, oracleasm-support-2.1.3-1.el5.x86_64)
X Window System
17. click next;
18. at last in this installation disable selinux and firewall.
that’s all, Good luck. 😉